Monday, February 18, 2013

What's been on my nails lately..


Hola, bellas!

Just wanted to show you what I've been wearing on my nails lately! Been a suuuper busy CNY week swatching many colours from a new indie brand I'm reviewing, called F4 Polish! Have you heard about them? Handmade by 3 lovely sisters from USA, these polishes caught my eye while I was etsy-window-shopping! So far, I'm pretty impressed and more or less set on bringing these babies into Singapore to be stocked at BSF!! :D

"Fruity pebbles with sprinkles"


This is "Fruity pebbles with sprinkles" again but with "Blue jean night" on the thumb.

"Blue jean night" actually GLOWS in the dark. I went to bed with this polish on and saw it glowing a fierce bright green and was SUPER enthralled!! :D it looks amazing on it's own in the light as well.. reminds me of expensive blue china porcelain. "Fruity pebbles with sprinkles" is a creamy white base with multicoloured flakes and micro matte glitters. YUMMY!! but the micro matte glitters were kinda all stuck at one corner of the bottle. I think i'd prefer this one without the sprinkles. I think they have one without sprinkles, so yep... may bring THAT one in instead!


"Pinkadoodle" alternating with "Squeenky"

I LOVE PINKADOODLE. Its such a unique mix of glitters, not to mention the base itself is already a unique purply-pink with TEEENSY tiny tiny dark pink micro flakes in it! IT'S GORGEOUS!!!!! It also has a much better formula than "squeenky" i don't know why! i love squeenky in the bottle, but somehow I just had difficulty applying it nicely on my nails! oh wellos. Squeenky is a white cream base with pink, blue and silver star glitters!


"Strawberry smoothie" and accent nail "Chocolate cherry" over OPI "over the taupe"

Strawberry smoothie is BEAUTIFUL and a dream to apply. It's a pink cream with teensy tiny hot pink micro flakes which glimmer gold-green as you turn your nails from side to side! Not evident in my sad low-quality iphone photo, but TRUST MEH. IT'S A BEAUT. 

Chocolate cherry looked meh in the bottle at first, but when I applied it over OPI " Over the taupe" I literally stopped and stared for a good 10 seconds. STUNNING!!!! Really reminds me of chocolate. MMMM. I love how there are some tiny glitters in it that sparkle on the nail too. 

I think all these food names are so cute! Especially when the polish truly resembles the food item. I'm a food science undergraduate, so food holds a special place in my heart!! haha! 


"Mint chocolate chip" 

Another food name! I think this has got to be my faveee. I can't get over how much it looks like mint chocolate chip ice cream on my nails! Soooo edible. IF ONLY. And the mint colour is gorgeous as well!! Formula was totally easy to work with too. The tiny chocolate micro glitters also glint and sparkle slightly as you tilt your nail. Nice touch!! :D



And now... I've saved the best mani I've done for last.. 




"Bobbie Blue" over OPI "What's with the cattitude?"

BOBBIE BLUE. This baby is a clear base jam packed with blue and turquoise glitters! There's shimmery turquoise/blue micro glitters, turquoise and blue round/hex glitters, and my favorite of the lot- big bright blue (of what appears to be) satin/matte-finish glitter chunks!!! L-O-V-E. I really love how this combination turned out too! However, of course some fishing had to be done to get all the wonderful bright blue chunks to be at the tip of my nails. But it wasn't that difficult! I mean, if a messy person like me can do it, I think anyone can! Hahaha. Wondering what other colours I could pair this with. Probably almost anything! I tried this over a dark maroon using a nail wheel, and it looked stunning as well. Very happy with this one! :)


~


Well, that's all the swatches I have to show you so far! I've swatched many of the other samples that the lovely sisters of F4 Polish sent me, but only on the nail wheel and my pictures aren't that great anyway so didnt put them up here on the blog! But these few swatches already show how amazing F4 Polishes are!!! They're beautiful, UNIQUE, handmade, 3-free and overall easy formula to work with! F4 Polish currently does not ship internationally, but local girls here in Singapore can expect to see them at Beauty So Fly very soon. :) 

Speaking of shipping, I'm thinking of establishing shipping across ASIA soon. I'm not that in a hurry for worldwide international shipping just yet, because I still have one more semester to go (august - december) and I need to put in my best effort for that last stretch!!! Can't afford to be too distracted. If you're wondering what I'm doing NOW, well I'm actually doing my Industrial Attachment (all Food science year 3 students have to do a compulsory internship in semester 2) so I'm kinda like "working"! Which gives me a little bit more free time to run BSF! Less stress from exams, hw, etc.. y'know? Internship will end on 30th April, then comes my 3 month long holiday before my final semester!! yayyy.

So yep, my international window-shoppers from countries in Asia can expect to be free from just window-shopping on BSF's instagram and start purchasing! yay! I'll most probably set a reasonable flat rate so don't worry, It won't go by weight! 


Alrighty then, thanks for reading thus far! Have a great week ahead everyone!


xx
Grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment