Friday, February 15, 2013

My Favourite Liquid Foundation!

Hello, ladies!

Today I want to talk about a foundation that I've recently come to love.. it's the Laura Mercier Silk creme foundation! It's formulated for oily skin and contains no SPF. :) My colour for this foundation is "Medium Ivory".


    
 


 The back says: 
"The ultimate in flawless natural coverage. Silk creme foundation is a beautiful, light-diffusing formula offering advanced light-reflecting properties which cause fine lines and wrinkles to optically vanish. Laura created an innovative foundation that delivers flawless, buildable coverage in a long-wearing rich hydrating base."

Let me just start off by saying: I LOVE THIS FOUNDATION!!!

 Now, I'm a girl with imperfect skin (an understatement!). I started suffering from acne at a young age (with much teasing from my childish classmates at that time), and several outbreaks here and there over the recent years have left me with ugly dark red marks on my cheeks, some on my forehead and chin too. Hence, I am always on the hunt for the best foundation that has great coverage, and suits my oily acne-prone skin. 

I've tried many foundations.. but mostly drugstore brands. As we all know, foundation is probably the priciest item amongst all other makeup products, nomatter what brand you buy. Being a broke student, guardian and watsons were my go-to stores for my foundation fix since I figured I'd probably have to repurchase foundation more often than other makeup products (because I wear foundation almost every time I go out). 

Previously, I was using Revlon colorstay (which has GREAT coverage btw) but it got too heavy for daily use. I tried mixing it with moisturizer but i still wasn't satisfied. Then, I started using BB cream from a korean brand "Odbo". It lasted me for a long time, and whilst I liked the light feeling on my skin, it just wasn't doing it for me in flash photography. I had to hunt for a new 0 SPF foundation, pronto!


I've heard and read raves about the Laura Mercier silk creme foundation on youtube and beauty blogs for a long time now, so I finally decided to take the plunge and get it! Thankfully, some friends had given me a $100 Sephora Voucher for my birthday and I used it to purchase this baby :') It was $68 for one 35ml tube. I think they only have one size, which is actually a pretty small tube in my opinion. At first, you may be a bit put off by how small it is. BUT LET ME TELL YOU... you only need a TEEEENSY tiny amount to cover your entire face!! NO KIDDING!! I think this foundation will last me close to a year. I will now show a photo of how much I usually squeeze out:


 


 See how little? Sometimes I use a bit more to build up extra coverage! Also, note how the creme spreads on my skin. So matte and smooth! :D


Coverage & Texture
The coverage of this foundation is medium to FULL coverage! Best of all, it gives no shine whatsoever and goes on smooth, creamy, and non-watery . A little goes a reeeeally long way! It evened out my complexion effortlessly and was easily applied with fingers. You may use a sponge or brush if you like, but i usually do my makeup in a hurry every morning (can't wake up early for nuts..) so no time!! What I do is that I squeeze out a pea-sized amount on the back of my hand and use my finger to dab dots around my face, starting with my forehead, then blending out. Then I move on to dotting under my eyes and cheeks and blending out, etc. There was also no noticeable smell unlike the Revlon colorstay liquid foundation, which can smell a little like paint at times.



 Wear-time
The wear-time of this foundation was impressive. It can last me one full working day, with just minor touchups using my compact powder foundation at the end of the day! Of course, because of my oily skin, I usually use an oil blotter sheet in the afternoon to keep the shine at bay, and to prevent the foundation from becoming an oil cake haha. BTW, because this foundation is 0 SPF, I'd recommend to put a thin layer of sunscreen on your face before applying your foundation. :)



Here's how the nib of the tube looks like! It's a bit messy because I had just used it lol. Anway, it's not difficult to squeeze out at all, just the right amount will ooze out if you don't squeeze too forcefully. (Psst: Like my nail polish colour? Hehe. It's by a new brand that Beauty So Fly exclusively carries, called "Mint Polish"! The colour is called "Sweet Liberty", a fierce neon red! check it out HERE. ) :)

Also, note that it tells you to "SHAKE WELL" on the cap. And might I add, PLEASE DO shake well every time you use this foundation! A few times it slipped my mind, and when I squeezed out my foundation, out came a separation of creme and transparent liquid (presumably water because it did not feel oily). That's the only precaution I have for this foundation!

Overall, I'm really happy with this foundation so far. I'd say it's worth the $64! It's Laura Mercier after all.. haha. I'm thinking of getting their foundation primer too! Ah, the woes of an oily-complexion...

What do you girls think of this foundation? Have you tried it before? Let me know in the comments! :)

xx
Grace.

Price: $68 for 35ml tube
Where: Sephora
Colour range: good!
Rating : 4.5/5 


No comments:

Post a Comment